#header-inner { width: 648px; margin: auto; }

JUNE CHALLENGE

MARCH CHALLENGE
Is time going fast for you guys as well? I do know one thing...I am READY for spring! So the RED challenge was quite fun I must say. I laugh when I hear the words,"take a picture for the blog!" If only more were really posted. lol
This month I have been remembering how much fun we had this time last year. I can't believe I was meeting little Daisy for the first time. I wish we could get all the girls together to play.
Well on to the challenge....by the way, this is Mom's idea. The challenge is to FINISH something you have started. Hey, it was either that or show off some of your spring cleaning...lol. Can't wait to see what you all FINISH!!!! GOOD LUCK!

Friday, April 08, 2011

(Sarah) SOOO GOOD LASAGNA


This is a once in awhile treat for our family. We share it will Grandma Olga because it makes so much. We also had garlic monkey bread. For a special touch I sprinkled fresh parmesan cheese on top.


* 1 1/2 lb ground beef

* 1 lb ground italian sausage

* 1 onion

* 2 cloves garlic, minced

* 2 tsp ground oregano

* 1 tsp ground basil

* 1/4 tsp salt

* 1/4 tsp pepper

* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano

* 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce

* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

* 2 cups small curd cottage cheese

* 1 (5 ounce) package grated parmigianno-reggiano

* 2 tbl freshly chopped parsley leaves

* 2 large eggs lighly beaten

* oven ready lasagna noodles

* shredded mozzarella



Preheat oven to 350


In a large saucepan, combine ground beef, sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbled, drain


Return meat to pan and add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.


Spoon 1/4 of sauce into bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/4 of sauce and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, endiing with sauce, reserving 1/3 of mozzarella cheese.


Bake 45 mintues. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks so good! Please share the recipe! Wish I could've come to dinner.......yummmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always more than welcome to come to dinner :) come visit and I will make you some gooood fooood

    ReplyDelete