#header-inner { width: 648px; margin: auto; }

JUNE CHALLENGE

MARCH CHALLENGE
Is time going fast for you guys as well? I do know one thing...I am READY for spring! So the RED challenge was quite fun I must say. I laugh when I hear the words,"take a picture for the blog!" If only more were really posted. lol
This month I have been remembering how much fun we had this time last year. I can't believe I was meeting little Daisy for the first time. I wish we could get all the girls together to play.
Well on to the challenge....by the way, this is Mom's idea. The challenge is to FINISH something you have started. Hey, it was either that or show off some of your spring cleaning...lol. Can't wait to see what you all FINISH!!!! GOOD LUCK!

Friday, January 14, 2011

(Jenni) Turkey Pot Pie

I love the show on PBS called EVERYDAY FOOD. I had so much turkey left over after Thanksgiving so I made this easy yummy pot pie. The carrots and celery were left over from the veggie tray. WIN WIN!!! You can also use chicken. Thayne loved it!
Here is a link to watch everyday food's chicken pot pie. Check it out!

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, cut into medium dice
1 large carrot, cut into medium dice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
coarse salt and ground pepper
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken, cut into (or turkey)
1-inch pieces (1 pound total)
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg yolk
.*I used a can of biscuits instead of the pastry.
  1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add onion and carrot and cook until onion softens, about 6 minutes. Add flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is pale golden, has a slightly nutty aroma, and is the texture of cooked oatmeal, about 5 minutes.
  2. Whisking constantly, add broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, peas, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture among four 12-ounce baking dishes; refrigerate until room temperature, about 20 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll pastry to an 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 4 equal squares, 1 inch larger than dishes; with the tip of a sharp knife, cut vents into pastry. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water; top potpies with pastry and brush with egg wash. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Bake until pastry is deep golden and juices are bubbling, about 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment